Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Attn: Boat People


It was kind of a late night with firework watching and all.  I did have every intention of getting out of bed at 4:30 and swimming this morning (miss Hannah even said she wanted to get up and swim then too), however I didn’t sleep too well and when the alarm went off at 4:30 I knew I would be a crab apple all day if I didn’t get more than three hours of sleep.

So this morning I did a short 15-min. VASA trainer workout and I did my stretch cords this evening.

I told Miss Hannah that tonight we were going to bed MUCH earlier than last night….so that tomorrow morning workout is a possibility! 

Now, one thing that I need to start doing a lot more of is incorporating outdoor swims into more of my weekly workout routine.  As more and more of my favorite swimming locations are being taken over by jetskiers, I am thinking that it is not only more practical, but also more safe to have a boat accompanying me on my outdoor swims (it would also enable me to get some longer swims in).

So….that being said-I need some helpers here.  Anyone in the Flathead Valley with a boat willing to take me out on a lake (preferably Flathead as it will be the most like Lake Chelan’s temperature) and basically make sure I don’t get hit by anything-I am willing to barter with you.  Here’s what I can offer: I will trade you hour for hour- swim lessons-and I’m good.  I obviously have an extensive background in swimming, I also have a background of 5 years teaching swim lessons to children ages toddler to 18 and roughly a 4 year coaching background in swimming and triathlon.

As for what kind of boat...I don't care if it is a row boat, paddle boat, kayak, canoe, etc.  Just anything more visible than a tiny pink cap bobbing in the lake.

Obviously, for training reasons, I won’t be able to fit in many lessons prior to the swim, but will “repay” starting in September.  So if you have a boat and are willing to help me out, I will trade your time for mine-in the form of swim lessons.  I also need to get some night time swims in (these will be particularly important as I will be swimming a good number of hours in the complete dark during my Chelan swim) and nighttime swims I will trade at time and a half (so for every 1 hour you give me, I give you 1.5 hours).  If you are interested in helping me out, please comment on this posting with your email address and I will be in contact with you.

Oh…and if you help me out…you will get a shout out on my blog….which is a pretty big deal because a lot of people are reading it now!  : )

Speaking of shout outs…a big THANK YOU to Julie Muhlstein at the Everett Herald for the awesome article in the Sunday paper in Everett Washington (the story was the 3rd most popular online story over the weekend).  Here is the link for those who missed it:


Thanks for reading---and have a good night!

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment