Thursday, September 1, 2011

Last update until after the swim


Paul here.  This will probably be my last update until after the swim has ended.  Going to head out soon and try to see Emily from the lake shore along the last segments of her route, and then off to the park for the finish.  I will attempt to post updates to her Facebook pages from my phone towards the end of the swim.

Kate Schulz shot a TON of fantastic pictures during her shift on the pontoon boat, which I have posted just a handful of to my Flickr set (http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulycoug92/sets/72157627439528461/), and included below.  Kate will figure out a way to get y'all access to more of her pics soon.

Word from the boat at 6:45 pm was that Emily is still doing well and in good spirits.  Earlier our niece Hannah Davis jumped in and swam alongside Em for a while which perked Em up a lot!  And I just heard that little Katelyn is going to jump in for a dip as well!!

Otherwise, I'm afraid the current ETA as of 6:45 pm PDT is around midnight PDT. She is still about 10 miles out.

STAY STRONG EMILY!!!  You're almost there!!






3 comments:

  1. I am completely Mesmerized by this story! I keep tracking her on GoLakeChelan. and now think I will stay up to see if I can see her boat and her coming into town! This is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, you are great!! Praying for lots of strength for you as you finish your swim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily
    A truely amazing accomplishment by an even
    more amazing good hearted wonder women.
    This day will be remembered by our little
    cousin KK the rest of her precious life.
    Thank You and God Bless.
    Dick Ess,Jane Stricker & Family
    Franklin,Tennessee

    ReplyDelete