Sunday, September 4, 2011

Slowly recovering!

Hey guys!  I just wanted to post a quick note to let you all know that I am resting and recovering from the swim.  I have lots of things about the 36 hours I spent in the water that I want to tell you all about, but I'm not quite ready.  I'm still taking it all in.

After the swim, as you can imagine I had some shoulder pain.  My shoulder pain is mostly gone now (2 days later) with occassional "pangs" every now and then.  I think I can confidently say that I came away injury free!  : )

I have significant chaffing, in some rather odd places.  My left wrist is pretty chaffed up from my watch (and hannah's "friendship" bracelets).  I've got some chaffing on the front of my neck (which resemble hickies, but I assure you they are not) and some on the back of my neck.  The most painful is chaffing around my left armpit.  I did put aquaphor on before the swim began, but only reapplied once as I didn't feel while I was swimming that anything was chaffing (I believe the reason I didn't feel that is because I was so cold).

I didn't really get sunburned, but my face is feeling very rough, which I think is due to wind exposure.

Most of me was swollen or waterlogged, particularly my wrists and hands (I wish I would have taken a picture of that becuase it looked pretty goofy), but its gone down today.

I haven't taken any ibuprofen products today, which is good.  But I am still only able to stay awake for several hours at a time before feeling VERY sleepy.  Yesterday I got in three naps!

So, thank you all again for following me on this journey and expect some more detailed posts within the next few days on all the details of my swim! 

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment