Thursday, May 19, 2011

Did you earn your Friday?

Sometimes when a week seems to be going by SOOOOOOOO slow and Thursday finally roles around and I feel too tired to do anything...I remind myself that I have to earn my Friday. Well, today I surely earned my Friday! :)

I've been feeling a little guilty lately about not spending enough time with my puppy dog Dixie. During my marathon training earlier this year, my workouts were obviously heavily focused on running and little miss Dixie accompanied me on all of my training runs, which meant a lot of quality puppy time! Since I have started switching my focus back to swimming (and giving my poor legs a break from the marathon) Dixie hasn't gotten to participate in my training as much. Although Dixie loves to swim, she clearly cannot come to any indoor pools with me. But today, I decided to squeeze in a run with Dixie during my lunch break (which she LOVED).

I did have to return to the office after the lunch run and after I was done with my 8-5, I took my tri-group on the first Brick workout of the year (brick workouts are combining running and biking to get used to the feeling of running right after biking during a triathlon). Our practice finished up at about 7:30 and by the time I biked home it was about 8:00.

Once I got home, I did a short VASA workout (that my arms are still burning from!) and then I had a delicious dinner!

I'm pretty tired now...but I'd say I totally earned my Friday! :)

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment