Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A little bit stronger...

Each practice I am feeling it…my body is gearing up for an intense summer of training, but I’m not dreading it, I can’t wait for it. When I am away from the pool, the effects of my last practice are usually with me. I’m sore. I’m tired. I’m hungry (all the time). But as soon as I jump in the pool all those things melt away. With each stroke I take I am closer to August 31st and I can feel myself getting stronger. I can feel all the strength training work I put in during the winter months on the VASA trainer.

The title of this blog is a line from one of my favorite songs right now. Sara Evans, “A little bit Stronger.” When it first came out I played it on repeat over and over and over and over. Most of the time in the car, with the radio turned up a little too loud as I belted out the song with Sara. Well….this has apparently affected my dog. She now sings to this, and only this song. I have to share the video…she fights it a little at first….but then she is just howling right along. :)



Anyhow…I appear to have at least a tiny following of readers at this point. So I am sure a few of you noticed I didn’t write yesterday….it was an unplanned day off. Every now and then I take them. I believe flexibility in training is VERY important, especially when trying to accomplish a long distance goal. So yesterday my body told me I needed a day off…and I listened.

Today I worked my normal 8-5, but we had quite a few people gone from the office today for vacations/illness…so being a little short staffed I felt like I was in Court all day covering stuff. The upside to this was that I was not forced to sit behind my desk in my windowless office all day-which is VERY hard to do when I am training hard as I fight the urge all day long to curl up under my desk and take a nap… :)

So after work, I coached my triathlon class until 7:30…then I finally got to my workout. Today I was supposed to do 5,000 yards, but I cut it down by 1,000 because by 9:00 pm I was starving. So now, as I have rambled on its ten and time for bed…goodnight!

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment