Sunday, May 29, 2011

First Outside Swim of the Year!

Yay! Today I was finally able to get an outside swim in! I knew it wouldn’t be a long swim, so I did swim inside about 3,000 yards before heading to Foys Lake with my friend Katie and our labs (who LOVE swimming). When I first took off to swim, both dogs abandoned their toys and swam after me like “where are you going?” Katie had to hold them until I was far enough away that they couldn’t see me.



I swam about 1000 yards-it was pretty cold-probably in the 60s, but I had my neoprene shirt on under my sleeveless wetsuit. It was kind of constricting, but I was pretty warm. I also had a neoprene cap on, but it has this goofy chinstrap that drives me nuts…so I kind of tucked that to the back of the cap so I didn’t a) look ridiculous or b) feel like I was choking!

I LOVED being out in the middle of the lake. There were a few fishermen out but other than that I had the entire lake to myself. About when I was out in the middle, the sun cleared from the clouds which was pretty cool.

Then I swam back to shore and played a little “fetch race” with the labs. Katie throws their toy in the water and I try and race them out to it…they are getting better at the game. Below is a photo of our “team effort” to bring the toy back in!



So I am happy to report that I got in 25,000 yards this week and I am about to begin a MUCH deserved recovery week. During my recovery week I will cut down the yardage significantly and will shift focus to an abundance of core exercises and injury prevention stretch cord exercises---oh and my massage!

And I just got home from Fro Yo…and they had Peanut Butter-my FAVORITE! All in all-a good day! Hope yours was too!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment