Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekly total: 21,400 yards

What a nice weekend! I took Saturday off from working out (since I gave blood Friday) and it was a pretty lazy day for the most part. I did get a fair amount of cleaning done at home. I also attended Kupcakes for Kancer-the silent auction fundraiser for Katelyn. I was able to meet little Katelyn (and most all of her family). She is adorable. When on stage with the announcers at the auction she kept thanking people for coming to "her party." There were so many people that came out to support the family, it was really heart warming and moving how caring the community here in the Flathead Valley is.

One of the things I purchased at the Auction was a book called "Gloria's Miracle." It is about a little girls' battle with cancer and it is written by a writer at the Seattle Times who followed that family's story in 2007. It was a really good book (yes, I just bought it yesterday and I already finished it...I couldn't put it down).

After my reading time this morning, I went to the Summit and completed a 6,000 yard workout! It was a tough one, but it went by really quickly. And to reward myself afterwards I got a Wheat Montana giant cinnamon roll! I LOVE Wheat Montana!

I also started my letter writing for sponsorship for the swim. Oh-and yesterday I confirmed my the first member of my crew: Kim Olson! She was my very first swim coach and she really shaped me as an athlete. I am so exited she will be on my support boat during the swim!

Weekly yardage total was 21,400 yards! Anyway, 4:30 am is going to come really quickly if I don't get to bed soon! Good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment