Saturday, May 21, 2011

Early to rise

So this post is a day late...but that's because I was exhausted yesterday due to the fact that I FINALLY got up when the 4:30 alarm went off rather than hitting snooze for two hours! I made it to the pool and swam 4,000 yards before 6:30 am! There were very few people at the pool and the workout went by very quickly.

Then at lunchtime, I went and donated blood for the Redcross blood drive. That donation was my 11th donation since 2008 when I began donating (at the encouragement of my friend Julie). I think blood donation is such a great way to help others-they say each blood donation saves three lives, plus you get free juice and cookies afterwards! So donate blood (if you can). :)

I took Friday night off from working out (due to the blood donation) and was actually social for the first time in a while and went to a friend's BBQ.

I think I am going to take today off, as I am feeling a quart low after the blood donation and I worked really hard this week! I think tomorrow I may try my first outside swim of the year.

Enjoy the weekend!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment