Monday, May 16, 2011

Was not a morning person today...

So my alarm went off at 4:30 this morning and I re-set it until 6:45 (pretty much the latest I can sleep in and still make it to work on time!) Ughhh....the goal of getting in morning swims this week is not off to a great start.

Since I was too lazy to get to the pool this morning, I went after work. It was bit crowded when I got there, but it cleared out within 20 minutes. I got a nice 5,000 yard workout in, and it felt pretty good. I am trying to really focus on my technique and just having nice stretched out swims for the next few weeks while I ramp up the yardage.

I've started making some logistical decisions regarding the swim...and I have decided that I want to start the swim on August 31 in the afternoon, get the nightime swimming hammered out before I am to fatigued which would put be finishing sometime in the afternoon on September 1st. I kind of like the idea of starting in August and finishing in September. I emailed the State Park today to verify that I do not need a permit. I've also started approaching people about being on my support crew boat. Within the next week I also hope to start getting sponsorship requests out for things like a pontoon boat, a GPS, etc.

I'm getting pretty excited about planning all of this, as I feel like I am going into this with a boatload (pun intended) of knowledge that I didn't have last year. I learned a lot from Flathead Lake and I think I will be much better prepared this time around.

Anyway, I'm really tired and ready for bed!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment