Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Letting some things go

Well, the price we pay for a three day weekend is a Tuesday that feels like a Monday.  I don’t know about yours, but mine felt rushed…all.day.long!  And it just felt like “one of those days.”  I felt “blah” all day.  No particular reason, just feeling “blah.”

I had another no swim day.  But I again did my stretch cords and 45 minutes of abs.  45 minutes of abs may sound like a lot…but it went by REALLY fast-mostly because I was laughing so hard 90% of the time.  I think I have the funniest dog on the planet (either that or I am the most easily amused person on the planet).  While I am doing abs on the living room floor, Dixie-pup first kept bringing her tennis ball over and dropping it on various parts of me-on my stomach when I was doing bridges, on my feet when I was doing flutter kicks.  Then when I was doing v-ups (when you lift your arms and feet at the same time making a “v” shape) she kept walking over my arms and feet (in a circle) like she was trying to dodge the rise and fall of my limbs.  Then, and this was one of the funniest things, she kept standing on my pant leg when I was doing leg raises, as if to say “okay that’s enough of that PLAY with me now!”  So needless to say, I am fairly certain my ab workout had double the effect with all the laughing I was doing.  As is usually the case..that silly dog pulled me out of my “blah” mood.

Today I am also dealing with a realization I have to accept every now and then….that I can’t do EVERYTHING I want to.  This has been an ongoing issue with me since I was about 10.  And for most of high school and college I adapted to my desire to do everything by becoming an exceptional multi-tasker and very good at time management.  However, every now and then, I have to let something go.  This year I had some pretty ambitious goals athletically; including 1) complete my first marathon, 2) complete my first half ironman, 3) compete in three smaller triathlons, and 4) become the first person to swim lake Chelan.  Well, I can cross the marathon off the list, and obviously I’m working towards the Lake.  But I am afraid some of the smaller triathlons are going to get ex’d off the list.  I was planning on competing in one of my favorite races back in Washington next weekend (an Olympic distance triathlon in Moses Lake)…but I just have NOT gotten enough time in on the bike.  So I think I have decided that I will still go to Washington that weekend, but I won’t compete in the race, instead, I will go up to Lake Chelan and do some swim research.  I’m still going to keep the other two smaller triathlons and the ½ ironman on the calendar and we’ll see how that goes.

So I will leave you all with a task…please figure out a way to add about 4 extra hours to each day (without cutting into my sleep time)…and get back to me on that!  : )

Good night!

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment