Monday, May 23, 2011

Ouch!

I am pretty sore today...yesterday's 6,000 yard workout didn't appear to even phase me at all yesterday, but when I attempted to get up this morning for my morning swim, I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired and my shoulders were very sore. Since I didn't want to be Ms. Grouchy-Pants at work today, I allowed myself the extra 2.5 hours of sleep and didn't swim this morning. Which meant I had to get my workout in after work.

I was still feeling pretty sore after work, but I made myself go to the pool. I got through another 6,000 yard practice, but it didn't go by nearly as fast as yesterday's seemed to go. The pool was semi-busy for a stretch in the middle of the workout, but luckily that was the portion of the workout that had butterfly in it, and that scared other lap swimmers away from getting in my lane. :) I'm kind of a lane princess...I don't enjoy sharing my lane...particularly with people who cannot stay on their own side.

One of my co-workers told me today that a neighbor of hers is willing to let me come out to her lake house on Lake Blaine to do some lake swims and the two of them would spot for me! I can't wait to start outdoor swimming again!

Well everyone, have a good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment