Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No Permit required!

So everything's a go as far as permission to swim Lake Chelan! I sent an email to Washington Parks and Recreation and recieved the following response:


Good morning Ms. von Jentzen,


I just spoke with the park manager at Lake Chelan State Park. He says there are no permits necessary for State Parks, but if you get the chance to stop by the park, he would like to meet you and shake your hand.

YAY! One obstacle out of the way!

Today I was reminded of the importance of flexibility in training. Today was supposed to be a run day, not a swim day, but I had a stressful afternoon/evening which made it necessary for me to switch today to a swim day. I went to the pool and began my 3,000 yard workout, when halfway through I was notified by a guard that the lap lanes were going to be occupied by lessons for the next halfhour. I hadn't yet blown off enough steam to have my workout be over, so I moved over to the open swim side of the pool and switched the next two sets to kick sets and for a 1/2 an hour dodged children playing marco polo, and other open swim obstacles. It reminded me of a period of time in college when I swam during open swim (I can't remember why, it may have been I had a class that conflicted with afternoon practices or something)-that period of time really taught me great focus while swimming, I'm pretty sure there could be an earthquake occuring around me and I could remain focused on my practice. :)

So with my 3,000 yards of venting frustration in the pool completed, time for a late dinner and bed!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment