Monday, August 1, 2011

Bubblewrap

So….the 6-hour practice planned for yesterday did not happen.  I woke up feeling under the weather, decided that I needed to give myself a break after a really tough and stressful work week and accept that 24,000 yards was my total for the week and I would not be hitting 40,000 yards.

I needed a day where I didn’t have to work and I didn’t have to work out.  I had a nice relaxing day with a Grey’s Anatomy marathon and some cleaning in between.  I did nearly break my big toe (the market toe) by dropping my pancake grill on it…which caused me to cry for about 10 minutes.  I’m not sure that it really hurt that bad, or if I just had an emotional week and it was a necessary cry down (a break down with tears).

My Erika got here last night!  I have missed her SO much and it’s so nice to have her here for a week.  Today she stayed home while I got a little bit of work in and she played with Dixie all morning, which as you can imagine, Dixie Doodle loved!  When I got off work at 2, Erika and I went to Sportsman and Savannah helped us pick out a doggie life vest for Dixie so she can open water swim with me!  Then we went to Flathead Lake and Dixie swam all the way out to the island and back with me (about 1000 yards I would imagine).  She did so good!  I swam about 4,000 yards after that while Dixie and Erika played fetch.



Then we had dinner at the Montana Club and picked up some groceries after.  We also got a Giant Hamburger Cake….that looked like a delicious dessert!

In the parking lot at the store, I stubbed my little toe on my left foot on the shopping cart which resulted in a deep cut.  So now about 4 weeks out from the swim my clumsiness is apparently in full swing and I feel a desire to wrap myself in bubble wrap before leaving the house. 

Anyway…off to eat some cake!

Goodnight!

~Emily

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your blog and laughing like crazy at this picture remembering how cute little Dixie Pants was with her tail between her legs...goodness I miss you guys so much already and it has only been like 3 days since I left.
    Hugs and Kisses to you all
    Erika
    P.S. I am hoping you have a trip booked for October cause I am not sure I can make it till next summer to see you and Dixie again!!

    ReplyDelete