Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'll grab the Wheel and point it West....

Well my car is packed up and I am about to hit the road!

Tuesday I got a short (30 minute) swim in at Flathead Lake.  KAJ/KPAX was out filming a portion of my practice and they did another story on the swim and Katelyn.

http://www.kaj18.com/news/kalispell-swimmer-helping-young-cancer-patient/

Yesterday was a day off, but I did go in for my last massage before the swim!  It hurt, I was pretty tight, especially my neck.  I am a bit sore from it this morning, but I should be feeling great by tomorrow or Saturday.

Last night I met Katelyn and Jaime for frozen yogurt at Twisted Bliss.  It was so much fun!  Katelyn told me all about her first day of kindergarden, how she just lost a tooth (and has another one that's wiggly) and about her dog.  I was able to give both Katelyn and her mom the shirts we had made for the support crew (with KK's drawing on the front).  Unfortunately Katelyn leaves again for New York on Sunday so her and her mom will not be able to come to the swim, but clearly her treatment is the priority.  We are going to try to have the finish skyped to them in New York, but we will have to get the internet connection figured out!

I guess (and forgive me if I can't explain this well) that the treatment Katelyn is recieving is going really well because she did not develop an immunity to the HAMA, which is why she is ready for more treatment already.

Today is a travel day.  I will head to Missoula for the night.  I have an interview with Montana Today in the morning, which I am a little nervous about becuase I think its aired live!

Once I am back at my parents house I will post some pictures/video-my computer has been being a little difficult.

Anyway, I appreciate all of the support and comments both on here and on facebook!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment