Saturday, August 13, 2011

Katelyn's Endurance

Falling a little behind on posts again!  Well, yesterday was pretty non-eventful workout wise, I ended up working at the office a little later than I had planned, so I missed lap swim at the pool.  I did an arms/legs VASA workout instead.

Yesterday the Flathead Beacon posted its online version of the article it ran on Wednesday…here is the link:


Endurance is defined as the ability or strength to continue or last, especially despite fatigue, stress, or other adverse conditions; stamina.  I love that the title of the Beacon's article is “Katelyn’s Endurance.”  I think it really puts the spotlight where it should be.  Yes, a swim of 55-miles is a showing of great athletic endurance, but it pales in comparison to the endurance that Katelyn has exhibited in her life.  She’s a pretty incredible kid.

Katelyn and her mom return to Kalispell next week, which must be very exciting for them.  I’m hoping to get together with them for some frozen yogurt once they are back so I can thank Katelyn in person for the bracelet she made for me! 

Today was a busy Saturday.  I started off the day coaching my swim group at the Summit.  Then I had to go into work for about 6 hours (ugghhhh I know….it was gorgeous today, its terrible being stuck in an office-but I still have some comp time I need to earn before the swim).  After work I headed to Flathead Lake for a swim practice with the Black Lab swim club.  I swam for a little over an hour.  Dixie took two trips out to the Island and back with me.  Scoutie, Dixie’s doggy BFF, was only interested in playing fetch and finding sticks and I couldn’t get her to follow me for a swim…maybe next time.  I’d say my swim was about 4,000 yards.

I’m not done for the day though….I’m going to head back down to Flathead Lake this evening, after sundown for a midnight swim (Dixie pup will not be joining me...as she is pretty wiped out).  I’ve got a friend who will boat along side with a light and I hope to get in about an hour swim….so it’s going to be a late night, however I do not have to get up early tomorrow so I can sleep in!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment