Tuesday, August 30, 2011

In Chelan!

Hey everyone!  Made it to Chelan safe and sound!  I am hopefully going to get one last practice swim in this afternoon/evening.  But mostly tonight will be as low stress as possible.  I've got millions of butterflies now that I am finally here, but those should calm down soon!

I met Kim, the owner of Mountain View Lodge who so graciously donated the use of the condo for myself and the boat crew for these next few days!

A few notes on some things everyone seems to have been asking about logistics:

Tomorrow the first boat crew will be meeting at 8:00 am at Jet Ski's Ahoy in Chelan and loading the boat, etc.  We will leave from that location at 8:30 ish.  The boat ride to the swim "start" is about 3 hours long.  My swim will begin near Stehekin at about noon.

The "night crew" will meet at 4:00 pm at the dock in Mason (its a public access called Old Mill Parik).  My dad will transfer that crew out to the pontoon and then return the "day crew" back to the dock at Mason (they should be there back about 6 pm).

The "day crew" then meets the next morning at 7:15 at the dock in Manson.  Dad will transfer that crew out to the pontoon boat and bring the night crew back to Manson.  The "day crew" on Thursday will stick with me until the end, which will hopefully will be sometime late afternoon/early evening.

Sounds simple right?  Hopefully everything goes without a hitch in terms of the transfers.  The Lake looks great today...nice and flat.  If the weather stays like this should make for a great swim!

Also, great coverage from GoLakeChelan: http://golakechelan.com/ Scroll down a little ways for a recent interview.  They will be updating during the swim as well!

I will probably get one more post in before I go to bed!  Until then!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment