Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dear Lake Chelan: I am ready

So its finally here!  It feels like Christmas eve!  : )  It has been a busy afternoon/evening getting all of the final details in place.  Tomorrow will be the product of 17 weeks of training and months of nearly every decision I have made having to take into consideration this event.  I am excited, but also nervous.  A lot of things have to come together for a good swim and only a handful of those things are such that I can control.

I do not however, hope for a day free of any challenges.  Rather, I anticipate that challenges will arise, although I am not sure in what form, and I hope for the strength, both physical and mental, to overcome those challenges.

I'd also like you all to know that even at the darkest point of the swim, when I am hurting the most and feeling knocked down that it will pale in comparision to the struggles that little Katelyn has enountered and faced, with her beautiful smiley face, in her young life.  It is for Katelyn I swim this lake and it is her that will inspire me through those tough times.  Please donate to this family if you are able to do so.

I am humbed by all those who have helped me along this journey.  I look forward to near 30 hours of laughs with my support crew-you guys rock!  I also can't wait to hear from all my friends, family and fans who wanted to be here and will be tracking my progress online.  I could feel all your support last year during my swim and I will feel it again this year.

My brother will post updates during the swim, but remember to track my swim following the SPOT gps map: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0vhF4eMA2qDL9XZ8L7XQSGEEBuamVFtuK

Good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment