Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cover Girl ; )

Okay friends, exciting things to report this evening.  First a recap of the last few days.

Monday was a well deserved day off.  After my 40,000 yard week last week, everything kind of caught up to me on Monday.  I was exhausted.  I had to take my best friend Erika back to the airport, which left the house MUCH quieter than it had been last week.  Erika has the fullest, most infectious laugh that can’t help but make you smile.  I wish Alaska were closer to Montana!

Tuesday was a little rough.  I came down with a little stomach bug.  I slept in a bit to try and “re-set” and made it to work several hours late.  I was feeling much better by the afternoon, however, I follow a rule my mom instituted when I was a kid… “if you are too sick to go to school (now work) you are too sick to go to swim practice!”  So then, following a sick day, I have another training rule-that experience has taught me, after being sick, once you feel better, wait one full day before resuming your practice schedule.  So that bought me another day off today.  I could afford to do that this week, as it’s a recovery week.  I am feeling much better this evening and will be getting an early morning swim in tomorrow!

I’m still well above my training from last year, here is a yardage comparison chart.  Through Sunday I was up about 60,000 yards from last year’s training plan!



Well, on to the good stuff!  I met yesterday with my nutritionist, Ashley at the Summit.  I had my body comp re-analyzed and both my arms are roughly 3% stronger than last month and my lean muscle mass is up a few percentage points!  Good stuff, training is working nicely!  Ashley and I also planned out my week prior to swim nutrition, my during the swim nutrition and my recovery nutrition plan.  I am stoked!  Most of my plan still consists of “eating like a baby dinosaur” with the twist of the week before and during the swim its essentially all carbs.  I love carbs!

AND…A Lakke for Katelyn made the cover of the Daily Interlake-ABOVE THE FOLD!  Here’s the link for those who missed it:


There was also an article in the Flathead Beacon, which was on the front of the Sports page.  The Beacon article is not yet online, and I will post a link when it is, but take note that one of the photographs is of me practicing with Dixie Doodle swimming alongside!  She’s a famous puppy!

Today was also massage day!  And boy was I ready for it after last week!

One last thing before I call it a night.  I am still short 4-6 people for my boat crew.  So if you would like to be a part of this event as another helper on the boat crew (we have two “day shifts” and a “night shift”), please let me know.

Good night!

~Em

1 comment:

  1. Just kidding on fb. I found your blog! I'm gonna post it on mine.
    So I was thinking, what if I donated a quilt for you to auction off?? I know it won't help with your swim but it could maybe help the whole cost or?? Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete