Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Progress update #1 - in transit to Stehekin and the swim start!

Good morning from beautiful Lake Chelan everyone!  This is Emily's older brother Paul.  I'll be reporting out on Emily's status throughout the swim as I receive information from the boat crews.

Some of you may have already received a text message from her SPOT GPS locator (findmespot.com) indicating that Emily is still swimming and everything's going well.  This was an erroneous push of a button, and she has yet to begin swimming.  Sorry about that.

Emily and the first pontoon boat crew left the dock at Jetskis Ahoy! at the south end of Lake Chelan at 9:10 am Pacific time.  There's about a 15 knot wind, and the lake is pretty choppy at the moment.  So let's keep our fingers crossed that things settle down by the time she starts swimming!

They planned for about a three-hour transit up to Stehekin at the top of the lake, so I expect to hear from the boat via satellite phone at around noon Pacific that Emily has begun her swim for young Katelyn.

In the meantime I will follow up with a few pictures from the launch at Jetskis Ahoy!  But I will also be posting more pictures on my Flickr page where you can download different sizes (and check out some of my awesome pictures of airplanes if you so desire).

I'll also try and be a bit less wordy with the forthcoming updates.

Thank you all SO MUCH for supporting my baby sister and Katelyn & her family!!

Cheers,
Paul Blumenauer

No comments:

Post a Comment