Thursday, August 4, 2011

Glacier National Park-great place to swim!

Sorry that I haven’t posted for a few days!  I’ve been having so much fun with Erika visiting!  Tuesday and Wednesday were both outdoor swims in Flathead Lake.  I did about 5000 yards on Tuesday and maybe 2000 yards on Wednesday.  Tuesday the Daily Interlake Photographer was at my practice taking photos and on Wednesday I was interviewed by the Flathead Beacon.  Those papers should be running articles on the swim sometime next week.



I took today off to hang out with Erika and today was seriously one of my best training swims ever!  I got in a 5 hour swim in Lake McDonald in Glacier National Park!  Erika kayaked while I swam.  We set out to do a 3 hour out and back in the lake, however we got 3 hours out, but the way back only took us 2 hours!  My estimates are that I swam around 20,000 yards.  I was able to practice eating some different things from last year (less candy, more real food).  It was beautiful and there was hardly any boat traffic on the lake (and best of all no jet skis allowed).   The water was fairly chilly, but I didn’t mind it too much. 



I seriously feel so lucky to have a backyard playground that includes such beautiful places like Flathead Lake and Glacier National Park.  I love Montana!

Just have to get through one more day of work and then Erika and I are heading to Missoula for the weekend.  Today’s swim earned me two rest days, then I will have a short swim on Sunday and I hit 40,000 yards this week!

Goodnight!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment