Tuesday, August 30, 2011

You know who you are...

You probably are not reading this, but I hope you are.  You have probably long since forgotten about me, but I hope I still cross your mind.

You played such an integral role in me developing into the athlete, and person, I am today-I still thank you for that.  I look back on the years you were in my life- the laughs, the tears and the obstacles we overcame- and I cannot help but smile.  The end to that story still does not make sense to me, but some things are not supposed to make sense.  I still look up to you as one of the great influences upon my life.

I vividly recall one of the last occassions that were shared a conversation on the pool deck.  I mostly recall the disappointment I felt in falling short of a goal that I had wanted so badly.  I told you I had been hoping for a "knock yor socks off" kind of swim.  That was not what happened that day...

...which is why I hope you are watching tomorrow...

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment