Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ladybugs

So after Thursday’s swim, I took Friday and Saturday off and today’s swim was just a 7,000 meter swim at Splash Montana that put my total for the week over 40,000 yards!  All my swims this week were outside and only today’s swim was a pool swim!  As you can imagine, I am a bit tired this evening!

The outline of the rest of my training for these last three weeks is as follows: recovery week, slight build (but not much) and then TAPER!!!!!  I’m still hoping to get in an in the dark swim in the next few weeks to get a better handle on the overnight portion of the swim.   My injury prevention exercises (stretch cords and light VASA workouts) will continue up until taper week.

Only 24 days until the swim and now is the time to get all the last minute items in order.  I need to finalize the crew schedule, get our communication issues from boat to land straightened out and other things like that.  I’ve also got an appointment with my nutritionist on Tuesday to go over my nutrition plan for the swim.  The foods that I have been “practicing” with have been good so far, my stomach doesn’t seem to have problems with any foods in particular, I can eat just about anything while swimming.

Another thing I would like to share is that today while swimming a ladybug landed on me.  I am sort of superstitious about a few things in relation to athletics (and I guess life in general) and one of those things is that lady bugs are good luck.  Every time I see a lady bug something really good happens shortly after.  So…not sure what lucky thing this little swimming ladybug had to bring me…but something good is on the way!

Okay, well time to get to bed-goodnight!

~Em

2 comments:

  1. Emily,

    This looks like a fantastic challenge. I currently produce the sports segment at KOZI Radio Chelan and was wondering if you might be willing to record a telephone interview with me for my segment to draw some attention to your task. You can reach me at 509.682.4033. I hope to speak with you soon!

    Regards,

    Landyn Rookard
    KOZI Radio Chelan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to thank you for the interview and wish you the best of luck on your swim! It was nice to speak with you and find out more about your challenge.

    Sincerely,

    Landyn Rookard
    KOZI Radio Chelan

    ReplyDelete