Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunshiney Days!

I am feeling MUCH better today!  Had a relatively low stress day at work, got a lot of sleep yesterday and last night and the knot is finally gone!  The knot being gone really helped matters!

In other super-fantastic news…the 10 day forecast finally reaches the first day of the swim…AND….it’s all sunshine…no rain and warm temps!



My friend Katie has been orchestrating the shirt production for my crew members with Rocky Mountain Images and she went and looked at the proof today and said they look GREAT!  The design guy there said he’s never made a t-shirt with the image drawn in crayon, but he accepted the challenge and apparently was successful!  I cannot wait to see them!

I have just three (maybe 4) workouts to get in during the next 9 days.  Relaxing and taking it easy are not things I am particularly good at, so that aspect of tapering has always been a challenge, but luckily there are still a few logistical puzzles I need to figure out prior to the swim which should require me to sit still for a few hours!  

I think Dixie-pup knows something is up.  Isn’t it funny how animals can sense when something is off?  Dixie will not be accompanying me to Washington, as it would be too much to make someone else deal with while I am swimming and she will have more fun staying in Kalispell with her doggy BFF Scoutie.  Katie will be watching Dixie most of the nearly week and a half I am gone, until she comes over to be on the night crew (with her minor’s headlamp-I’m sure), then Savannah will be watching Dixie and Scoutie together.  The dogs love Savannah.  I am much happier with this arrangement than having to kennel Dixie, which I’ve never done before.

I also spoke with the Chelan Rotary Club (good suggestion Krissy) to hopefully fill the two vacant boat driver spots I have on my crew.  They were very nice and said they would see if they could find a few more volunteers!

Now one last thing to report…and I’m really excited about this.  Katie wrote to Dara Torres and told her about “A Lakke for Katelyn” and told her what a fan of hers I am (she is my favorite swimmer ever!) and asked that she send me some words of encouragement.  Well…she sent me a signed swim cap and a signed photo with the message “To Emily, Always Believe.”  Pretty awesome!  She’s an amazing swimmer.


Well, I've got to get a few things done before bed!  Have a great night!

~Em

1 comment: