Tuesday, July 26, 2011

9,000 before 9:00 am

What a looooooooooooooooong day!  I was up at 4:30 am and for a split second I thought about hitting the snooze button….but then I remember how jam packed this week is and I knew I couldn’t afford to miss a swim this am.  I got in 9,000 yards this morning in 2 hours and 45 minutes!  I was able to go into work an hour late, which enabled me to do this.  The first hour of my swim I did my hour “test set” and I got in 3750 yards in an hour…without looking it up, I can’t recall what my last hour test was, but I’m still a little slower than my targeted 2.5 miles per hour pace, but there’s still time…and TAPER in my favor!

When I swim I have my workouts written out on an index card and then I put the index card inside a sandwich baggie and stick it to the end of my lane.  While today I had a lane buddy for the last hour and a half of my practice and she must have been snooping on my workout while I was swimming because when I got out she said “Did you really swim 9,000 yards today!”  And I said “yep!” 

Also while swimming this morning, to help amuse myself amidst a fairly crowded lap swim crowd this morning, I was taking part in “sneak races.”  Sneak racing is a technique by which a person races someone who has no idea there is a race going on….so I’d randomly pick a lap swimmer to be the “rabbit” and make it a goal to catch up to them in a certain amount of time.   It’s a good way to make the time go by faster and it helps me push myself when I don’t have anyone doing my workout with me.

Work was very busy today….and I don’t want to talk about it….at all.  Ugghhh!

I stayed at work until 7:00pm…double ughhhh!  And here it is, a little after 8 and I’m about to go to sleep and do it all over again tomorrow.  But there is one good thing to look forward to tomorrow!  It’s MASSAGE DAY!!!!!!! 

Well….goodnight all!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment