Tuesday, July 12, 2011

THANK YOU CYTOSPORT

A big Thank you to Cytosport for sponsoring me and this swim by donation of Cytomax and Muscle Milk (a recovery drink), which arrived yesterday.  Felt like Christmas!  I’ve been drinking Cytomax since college and it’s my favorite electrolyte drink by far.  Last year’s swim I was worried that eating or drinking the same thing for that length of time would make me totally sick of it by the end, but of all the things that I consumed during the 18.5 hour swim last year, Cytomax was the one thing I couldn’t get enough of (it was also the one thing I ran out of).



Yesterday was a day off after a weekend of hard training.  Two days in a row of over 3 hour practices wore me out.  Even with Monday being an off day, I took a nice 2 hour nap in the afternoon (Hannah did too).  Yesterday I was also still recovering from my sunburn on the backs of my legs.

Today I took an extra day off as I was still super fatigued when I woke up and I knew I was in for a long day at work.  This evening I moved the VASA trainer from my second bedroom out to my garage and did an hour workout (10 min. legs, 10 min. arms, 10 min. abs, repeat).  Now that it’s out in the garage, I can do the leg focused workouts better (as there is wall space in my garage to push off of)…maybe next week I will post a video of some of my favorite VASA exercises.

The rest of this week I need to get in a few fairly long swims in since I took two days off at the beginning of the week.   However, I have to drive Hannah back to WA on Thursday, so travel will likely take out another day.  But hopefully a stop at my parents house in Ellensburg will mean that I can get a swim in at my old collegiate pool (which is my all time favorite indoor pool).  On the way back to Montana I plan to drive through Missoula on Sunday and get a 4-5 hour swim in then.

Anyway…time for a movie and some relaxation before going to bed!

Good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment