Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The butterflies have arrived...

I’m starting to feel a little bit anxious about all of the stuff I still have to get done in the next six weeks!  It will all fall into place, I know, but a lot goes into big events like this.  There is a good deal of behind the scenes, small detail stuff that just takes time.   I get butterflies when I think about the swim...because I know how fast 6 weeks will pass!  Last year I don't remember getting butterflies until about two weeks out...but bigger lakes must mean bigger butterflies...

Today I am also feeling sad after reading Katelyn’s caring bridge page and learning that the family is once again having to battle with the insurance company regarding payment for Katelyn’s treatment.  Because she is in her second remission, the insurance company does not deem her eligible for coverage of this treatment.  The terrible irony of this decision is that this treatment is likely the only thing that will keep the cancer in remission and her doctors believe she will need at least two years of this treatment.  I don’t think this is right, and I don’t think that after all this family has gone through they should even have to worry about money at all.  I think if a doctor recommends a course of treatment insurance companies should have to cover it.  I could go on and on about this…

Well, on the training front today was business as usual…except I did not do my swim early in the morning…too sleepy to get up at 4:30!  I instead swam a nice relaxing 3500 yards after work.  I was hoping to get to bed early tonight…but here it is 10:00 pm and I am still on the computer.

I should get to sleep now though!

Good night all….

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment