Friday, July 15, 2011

One of my favorite pools!

Hello from Ellensburg!  Today for the most part was a lazy day at my parents house.  I did get a number of emails sent, etc. while being lazy, but I was pretty lazy.  My mom took Hannah the rest of the way home today, so it was just dad and I for the afternoon/evening.  Dixie was sad to see Hannah go, and actually whined at the door when she left (which she has never done before).

This evening I got my swim in at the Central Washington University Pool.  My alma mater and one of my all time favorite pools.  They only had an hour of lap swim, but it was totally worth it.  I got in 4000 yards and the whole practice I was swimming through 5 years of memories I have from that pool.  The pool is in really good shape and it appears someone has put a bit of money into it.  : )  They recently put in a new liner and they put this really fancy wall mounted pool covers that appear to be rigged up to some sort of automatic pool covering system.  I have never seen anything like that before.  Just one cynical comment...I swear...it seems kind of ironic that all these expensive pool improvements can be made just six years after the school cut the swimming programs.  I'm just saying....



I really like that pool though.  Unfortunatly, the summer hours there are only lap swims for one hour Monday-Friday, so if I want to swim tomorrow I have to go to the city pool...which is not nearly as nice as the college pool.  But eh, you do what you gotta do right?

Dad and I may head up to Chelan tomorrow to explore a bit, but we'll see how the morning goes.

After swimming dad and I went out to dinner and we ate SO much that the waitress didn't even ask if we wanted dessert.  My dad and I laughed pretty hard about that. 

Little Dixie pup had a tiring day chasing my parents dog around and running through the field.  She had a litle mishap when she ran full speed into a barbed wire fence...she's okay, but she learned the hard way what a barbed wire fence is.  She also came very close to learning the hard way what a mouse trap is when she tried to get the "treat." 

Anyhow....Dad and I are going to watch a movie now....have a good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment