Monday, July 4, 2011

The Shoulder Report

Happy 4th of July!  It was a gorgeous day here in the Flathead Valley.  All the people and animals in my house had a serious sleep in day today!  I didn’t wake up until 9:45-that’s the latest I have slept in for months!  I had an athlete to meet with at 11, then Hannah and I swam (got in about 2500 yards).

I should also add that my left shoulder is feeling much better after the resting week.  I do need to be more conscious of doing my stretch cord exercises EVERY day-I had kind of been slacking on those.  Injury prevention is MUCH easier than injury treatment.  I am hopng  my shoulders do well this week and I can get in some tough practices in at Splash Montana (the outdoor pool in Missoula) when Hannah and I are there this weekend!

The rest of the day was fairly laid back.  Hannah, Dixie and I went to Woodland Park so that Hannah could roller blade and Dixie could try and chase ducks!  : )

We had Pizza for dinner and then watched movies until it got dark enough to go outside and watch some fireworks.  Luckily I live in a location where we were able to watch everyone else’s fireworks without having to light any of our own off.

I hope you all had a safe and FUN holiday!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment