Sunday, July 10, 2011

Splash Montana

Sorry it’s been a few days, but I had a blast this weekend and was too busy to blog.  Lets start with Friday…not much to talk about since it was a day off workout wise (resting up for a big weekend).

Saturday, after coaching my Masters group, Hannah and I drove down to Missoula.  My friend Crissi-Lyn joined us at Splash Montana where I got a 6,000 meter (in the wonderful 50 meter outdoor pool), while Hannah floated the Lazy River & took about 50 trips down the water slides and Crissi-Lyn got a suntan.  I LOVE that pool, it is seriously one of the things I miss most about Missoula.  My left shoulder was aching a little towards the end, but I think I was doing a little “outsweep” with that hand entry when breathing to the other side.

After swimming, we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant where I devoured my baby-dinosaur meal and then it was off to the ball game.  We had great seats for the Osprey baseball game.  The Osprey won and it was a really fun night.

This morning Hannah and I woke up early and hiked the “M” which, as always offered a spectacular view of Missoula.  After our hike we went to the delicious Paul’s Pancake Parlor…OH SO GOOD.  I had a bacon and cheese omlet, hasbrowns and whole wheat pancakes.  Then we headed to Splash Montana again where I got in a 3.5 hour practice (and Hannah again took the water slides by storm).  After Splash we went to Red Robin where we ate WAY too many fries (you only live once right), I had the California chicken burger and then for dessert…Mountain High Mud Pie…YUM.

Red Robin was really fun, we went because Hannah had this gift card that she earned for selling 1,000 boxes of campfire candy!!!  And it was so cute because she insisted that I order a “pretty drink” (I think she noticed that I always order water, but she wanted to “treat” me).  Then after we had our Mountain High Mud Pie, she says in a radio announcer’s voice: “How did they do it….the conquered TWO mountains in ONE day.”  Hahahahahahahaha…..she was referencing our earlier hike…so funny.

Then after Red Robin we went to Old Navy and they were having a sale on summer dresses….so I got one for me and two for Hannah…I love sales and dresses.

Then we headed back to Kalispell.  We did discover shortly into our drive home, that although we did each apply SPF 50 sunscreen, we were both pretty sunburned…mine worse than Hannah’s.  So, although we will be going to bed in pain this evening…it was SO WORTH IT.

It was a really fun weekend, I ran into quite a few friendly faces in Missoula (Hannah said “Auntie, you have too many friends.”).  At the pancake parlor ( a local I frequented quite regularly when I lived in Missoula), the owner recognized me and said “aren’t you the girl that swam Flathead Lake,”  when we sat down Hannah looks at me with HUGE eyes and whispers, “wow, Auntie, you are famous.”  I love that kid…she makes me feel like a rockstar every day.  This time that I have gotten to spend with her was something I really needed.

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.  I’m off to bed!

(weekly yardage total: 13500 yards and 13000 meters, so approximately 27,700 total yards)….not a bad week at all!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment