Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thunder and lightning

So last night I awoke to an amazing thunderstorm at around midnight.  Its kind of funny because as a kid my family took quite a few vacations to Montana and I can vividly remember the Montana thunderstorms and the lightning stretching across big sky country.  Last night’s storm was so loud that it woke me from a sound sleep and literally took my breath away.  I woke up this morning for morning practice and from the sky sparkling with stars you wouldn’t even be able to tell there had been a storm 4 hours earlier.  So cool!

For a split second I almost went back to sleep after my alarm went off.  But then I reminded myself I had a new flavor of Cytomax to try during my practice today…Pomegranate!  It was REALLY good!   My 6,000 yards went by very quickly today.  I felt like I was bouncing off the walls after my last two practices being in the 50 meter pool in Missoula.  : )

I also tried Cytosport’s Muscle Milk as my post workout meal.  I had chocolate, yum yum.

Today was also Massage day.  This week was 60 minutes just on back and shoulders and the first thing that Jeff did was just press down on my back and it popped like 10 times all in a row, it sounded like bubble wrap…but felt really good.   I also got a few really good pops out of my left shoulder.  I think the every other week massage therapy appointments are really helping.   Its definitely an extra expense, but I feel like the massage in combination with my slight changes nutritionally is going to be the difference this year in getting 55 miles out of my body as opposed to 30.

When I got home, since my massage was shoulders and back only and not legs, I did about 15 min. of legs on the VASA.  Then Hannah and I had pizza, watched a movie, and painted our nails.  Its Hannah’s last night in Montana, I drive her back to WA tomorrow.  I’m gonna miss my little sidekick! 

Anyway…I better get to bed so I can get a swim in before our little road trip.

Goodnight!

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment