Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ready for bed

E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D!  Seriously!  Up at 4:30 (although Miss Hannah and I went to bed at 10…she seemed to have every question imaginable while “falling asleep” and thus I don’t believe I fell asleep until well after 11).  5.5 hours of sleep = unacceptable.  While Hannah is here I am only working half days, so there was that little ray of sunshine for the day.  Hannah did come and swim with me this morning, I’d say she got in a little over 2,000 yards and I got in about 6,000 yards.  The swim felt good, but the rest of the day I feel like I was late for EVERYTHING.

After the half day of work was done, Hannah and I went home and ate lunch, then she took about a 2 hour nap…I should have done the same (kids are smarter than adults), but I didn’t.  I made some phone calls, sent some emails-as I am still trying to figure out some logistical stuff about the swim, that I know once I figure those things out my stress level will lower a little.  My two biggest concerns (obviously besides the fact that 55-miles is a crazy long way) is fully staffing my crew (I’d say I have confirmed 4/12) and getting lodging figured out for the crew.

But I am way too tired to solve any of those problems tonight-and I can't complain too mush honestly.  Training is going well, no shoulder pain and donations are starting to roll in.  Also its looking like if all goes well I will be asleep by 8pm this evening.

Good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment