Sunday, July 3, 2011

Little Eyes

Whew!  What a whirlwind the last week has been!  I apologize for the lack of posts, but here’s a summary:

Took Thursday and Friday off (so four days in a row) to accommodate the tender left shoulder that my massage therapist thought might have a bit of tendonitis.  I really err on the side of rest in those situations, plus, I had family coming in for the weekend and that means deep cleaning!  : )  My mom, sister, niece and nephew arrived Friday night.  I had baked my nephew a birthday cake (he’s 10 years old-I can’t hardly believe it) and we had a little birthday party for him. 

On Saturday we went to the Great Bear Adventure just outside of West Glacier.  You drive your car through the property and “your car is your cage” and you are basically driving in an open bear enclosure.  The bears would walk right up to cars (windows had to stay closed for obvious reasons.  It was pretty cool and we got some great shots of the bears.  My mom really enjoyed it.

Then after nonstop questions of “when can we go swimming” by the kids (can you tell we are related?) we went to Flathead lake with the kids and dogs.  My nephew was the first one in and the last one out, my niece took a little longer because she said it was cold.

I swam around the Somers Islands for about 30 minutes-I’d say around 2,000 yards.   Then I played with the kids and dogs.



My sister Krissy also took some photos for my promotional flier for the swim.  She is a very talented photographer.  I really like this one, except for that piece of hair right in my face. : )  I'll post some more of those shots over the next few days!


The closest thing I have to a “mini-me” is my niece Hannah.  I don’t think anyone in the world looks up to me the way this kid does.  My sister and mom and nephew left for home this morning and Miss Hannah gets to stay with me for TWO WEEKS!  We went swimming this morning and she did nearly all of my 3000 yard workout.  And as is most always the case around kids, I became acutely aware of the little eyes on me the whole time.  About ½ way through the practice Hannah says, “Auntie I don’t think you were streamlining your best off that last wall.”    Or a little later I looked over and she was watching and imitating EXACTLY what I was doing.  If you have little eyes around you they are always watching….


Hannah and I just had dinner and now we are going to watch a movie and eat some frozen yogurt!

Good night!

~Emily

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to you to know I am reading and I love the pictures!! I hope you are having a wonderful time with little Ms. Hannah.

    ReplyDelete