Friday, July 22, 2011

A little off today

So on recovery weeks, I am more inclined to give myself a break on certain things.  For example…yesterday I was supposed to get a swim in this morning before work….but I didn’t fall asleep until after 11 last night, so 4:30 am came too soon…so I let myself skip the swim and sleep until 7.  Rather than getting a swim in last night, I did a 45 minute leg/abs/arms VASA workout.  I got to sleep around 8:30 last night, which made getting up for this morning’s practice a little easier.

Getting up may have been easy…but it was downhill from there.  First I discovered I was out of bread…so no PB toast for breakfast-which made me cranky.  Then once I started swimming I just felt off the whole time.  I think I am a little dehydrated this morning…evidenced by the splitting headache I have.  So I got 3500 yards in, but it sure wasn’t pretty.  Once I got home in an effort to turn things around…I had my new favorite post workout snack.  A berry smoothie with Muscle Milk and cyto carb mixed in.  And that’s where we are now.  For once I am getting my blogging in before work instead of after work.

I am determined to turn my mood around this morning and have a good day.  Every practice isn’t going to be a good one….but the rough ones make you appreciate the good ones even more!

In other news….last night I secured another sponsor!  Thank you to Mountain View Lodge at Lake Chelan for providing lodging for myself and my crew!  More details on that later!

Hope you all have a great day!  Thanks for reading!

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment