Monday, June 6, 2011

Back to work!

Whew!  What a day!  I guess I should back up, since I didn’t write yesterday.  I took Sunday off, as it was the LAST day of my recovery week (total yardage last week was 11,000 yards) and it was SO SO nice outside.  Dixie and I spent nearly 3 hours at the dog park-she was one tired puppy!  I had such a fun weekend, I wish they could all be like that!  With a nice recovery week, now its back to the hard stuff.  This week's yardage goals may be a little ambitious (I have a trial at work this week) but that's kind of right up my ally!  : )

I got in bed early enough last night with the best of intentions to get up in the morning and get a nice hard workout in before work.  I could not fall asleep last night though…I don’t think I was actually sleeping until past midnight (after laying in bed from about 9 on).  So I didn’t get up to swim in this morning, and I didn’t make it to work on time.  But the busyness of the day made it go by REALLY fast.

After work, the rain clouds had started to move in, which actually was helpful because I got some inside stuff done that I avoided this weekend (like laundry).  I also got in about a 30 minute VASA workout and my stretch cords.  I got a quick bit to eat in and headed to the pool for a pretty decent 4,000 yard swim.  Since I got to the pool close to 8pm there were hardly any people there.

I am going to stretch for a few minutes and then head to bed!  : )  Good night!

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment