Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Garbage in = Garbage out

I am 0 for 2 on attempts to actually get up and workout before work this week.  I think the problem might be that my bed is just too comfy…maybe if I slept on the floor or the couch, I would be more likely to get up at the 4:30 alarm…Well, at any rate, I will try again tomorrow.  Tomorrow’s workout is a test set, so it would be better to get that done in the morning when there isn’t open swim occurring in the lane next to me!

Today I felt the results of the last week or so of poor nutrition.  I knew I hadn’t been eating well…but sometimes when I get busy or tired the LAST thing I feel like doing is cooking myself a well balanced meal.  And when I am stressed out (and actually even when I am not) I probably eat way too much candy.  But…I know this (and I tell the people I coach this quite often)….garbage in, garbage out.  If all you feed yourself is garbage, you can’t be too surprised when your body doesn’t perform like you want it to.  It’s like putting diesel fuel in a non-diesel engine.  I was in a rush most of the day today and I didn’t eat well or much.  Then at practice I TOTALLY FELT IT.  I just couldn’t get going.  It was a fairly easy practice (just 3,000 yards) with what was supposed to be a faster set of 10 x 100’s, but I felt like I couldn’t get to the next gear.  I ended up changing the send-offs which was a little frustrating.  But I knew I didn’t eat well today.

So, when I got home I took the time to cook a nice well balanced meal.  After that I went shopping to make sure the “no food in the house” excuse was not valid.  : )  Then I met my friend Cassie from Missoula for some Frozen yogurt.  It was really nice to catch up with her.

Well anyway…its getting kind of late and I’ve got another busy day tomorrow!

Good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment