Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sunshine!

What a FANTASTIC day!  Seriously.  First I had put on a swimming clinic at the Summit.  I had 6 people in it, which is the perfect size for what we were doing.  We did under and above water video taping and TONS of drills and stroke work.  They all said that they took a lot away from it, which makes me feel great.  I was able to assist all 6 of them in reducing their stroke counts by at 2-6 strokes per length in just two hours!  I love clinics and the best part was these were all athletes I had not yet worked with before.

Then I went out to Foys Lake and Laura from the news interviewed me and got some shots of me practicing for a news segment they are going to air on Wednesday about my swim.   Laura did a really nice story on my swim last year for Karmyn, she is very good at her job.  After she was done taping, I swam a little more and I think total I did close to 2000 yards maybe.   The lake was so blue today and it was surprisingly warm.  I expected the water to be colder after the week of rain we have had.  I think it was actually warmer than it was last week.  I didn’t use my neoprene shirt under my wetsuit this time, so my arms were exposed and I also did not wear my neoprene cap.  It was a great day for a swim.

After my swim, Katie met me out at Foys with both her dog and mine and I played in the water with the dogs for about an hour and a half.  I forgot to put sunscreen on…and I think I got a little bit burned, but not too bad.  The dogs love swimming so much.  Today Dixie jumped off the docks for the first time to fetch her water toys.  The first time she looked a little shocked when she came up, but after that she was a pro!  She is SO tired tonight though, this evening she went into her kennel on her own before I even started getting ready for bed (where as she usually will go in her kennel when I brush my teeth and she knows its “bedtime”).

As soon as I got home from swimming I got to the yard work I have been putting off due to the rainy days we have been having.  I mowed my entire back yard….which took about 2 hours for two reasons, 1) it’s kind of a big back yard and 2) it had been awhile since the last time I mowed and the grass was like knee high (I am only slightly exaggerating).

So I thoroughly enjoyed this sunny, warm day!  I don’t think there is any place else more beautiful on a nice day than the Flathead Valley.  I hope you guys had a nice day too!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment