Friday, June 10, 2011

Never gonna grow up, never gonna slow down

Okay-I know I didn’t write for two days….and that is actually because I didn’t swim either of those days!  One of the unfortunate truths of being an adult (and I guess also being an attorney) is that sometimes work becomes all consuming and stressful.   I was pretty stressed out Wednesday (as I had a trial on Thursday), then Thursday I worked a 15 hour day-not leaving the courthouse until 10:00pm!  So….the excuse train as to why I didn’t swim has passed….moving on now:

Today I only had to go into work for 2 hours, but I swam first.  And since I didn’t get my test set done on Wednesday, I did that this morning.  And in an hour of continuous swimming, I got in 3700 yards in an hour.  That is about 2 and a quarter miles.  My goal pace for the swim is 2 and a half miles an hour so I am off by about 400 yards.  That’s excellent, because I know that is totally attainable.  So that is a great sign that my training is going well!

With about 10 minutes left of my swim this morning several swim team kids got in my lane and although I’m going to stay away from any discussion of which of us was faster…their presence in my lane along with my pride stepped my pace up a little at the end.  : ) 

This was a busy week, but I enjoy being busy.  I enjoy this line from a country song I just heard today: “never gonna grow up, never gonna slow down.” 

In other news here is a link to the KAJ story that Laura did on my swim:


Anyway, today I am headed to Washington to visit my parents for the weekend-might make it up to Chelan while I am there!

Have a great weekend everyone!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment