Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ice, ice baby....

Well, if you recall a few posts ago I told you I had reached the "when to say when point".....well today I had my massage therapy appointment and my therapist told me that he thinks I might have a touch of tendonitis or bursitis in my left shoulder (ole lefty has been the weaker shoulder since last fall when the black lab running club decided to chase a deer while on leashes...).  Luckily this is a recovery week and I could afford to take today as an additional day off.  I need to be more on top of doing my injury prevention exercises and now I need to add in a post swim icing regiment (which if you've never had to ice your shoulder before its a pain in the rear because its very hard to wrap your shoulder without assistance).  If it is a slight tendon issue, its not bad, as there isn't constant pain and there is no pain while swimming.  The only time my shoulder "catches" and there is slight pain is when I am doing an upward pull-like for example when pulling pants on...I suppose the solution is no pants right?  :)  Just kidding!

Anyway, my massage therapy appointment today was for 2 hours, so I am going to HURT tomorrow, but I am going to attempt to swim a light swim in the morning.  Good news from the appointment though is that my right hip-flexor which was causing me a little grief at the last visit is MUCH better now after the new stretches I was given.

Well, I've got to go make a birthday cake for my nephew who will be here this weekend!

Good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment