Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Good Day Sunshine!

I had a really nice day today!  It was sunny and gorgeous out ALL day-I’ve been missing the sunshine big time!  I got my workout in before work (6,000 yards) and I don’t usually write out exactly what my workout was, but today’s I really liked, because it went by fast and I felt the variety was really good:
            300 swim 200 drill 300 swim 200 kick 300 swim
            3 x 100 @ 1:40
            4 x 200 IM
            5 x 300 free pull @ 5:00
            4 x 200
            3 x 100 @ 1:30
            800 pull
            200 easy (100 scull)

I also paid good attention to my technique today (yes, even I need to work on drills and technique from time to time).  As I mentioned, a friend of mine was able to video tape me the other day and I am working on correcting some bad habits I appear to have developed.

Today I also started writing down what I eat and I am going to see a nutritionist next week.  I think part of my low energy issue lately has been nutrition related.  I don’t think I have been eating enough (or good enough) for what I am expecting out of my body.  Yesterday on my workout day off, I had a body comp assessment done and my resting metabolic rate is 1663-which means if I were to lay in bed all day and essentially not do anything physical that is how many calories I would need for my body to function.  Obviously, then when you add activities like workouts your caloric needs increase.  So keeping a food journal for a week will assist in my meeting with the nutritionist to determine where I can make improvements in my fuel intake! 

I got a couple hours of yard work in once I got home from work and I had a good dinner and now I am ready to go to sleep! 

Goodnight!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment