Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Holy Wetsuit!

Second day in a row of 4:37 wake-ups!  I did make it to the pool again and I got in a 4,000 yard workout before work.  I also had an orthodontist appointment (and I am happy to report that after 10-weeks with what I called “teeth trays” in, my teeth are straight again).  All that before 8 am—I should get a gold star for that.

After work I had another massage therapy appointment.  Today was an hour focused just on back and shoulders.  It felt so nice, I wish I could have one of those every day!

After that my tri group coaching tonight consisted of an outdoor swim in preparation for the triathlon this weekend that the group has been training for over the past 10 weeks. We swam about 2,000 yards I estimate.  The water was very cloudy, but not too terribly cold. Once we got out it was VERY chilly due to the wind.  After getting home and taking a nice hot shower, I am still a little cold.  I wish after every outside swim I could have someone waiting with a giant fleece blanket or two straight out of the dryer and a hot coco.

I do have some sad news to report today on the wetsuit front.  I appear to have gotten a hole in the side of my wetsuit…I don’t mean to rush to judgment and blame little miss Dixie paws….but I think in her attempt to swim RIGHT next to me on Sunday, she clipped my side with one of her talons.  So….I’m thinking I should send a letter to Blueseventy and see if they might be interested in sponsoring me in the form of a wetsuit donation.  Never hurts to ask right?

“If you don’t go after what you want you will never have it.   If you don’t ask the answer is always no.  If you don’t step forward you will always be in the same place”

On that note….have a good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment