Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Don't be fancy, just be dancy"

So….I did NOT get up this morning and swim.  So sleepy!  : )  I did my stretch cords though.  My massage today was WONDERFUL. I fully recommend Jeff Eayrs for Deep Tissue-I am going to be sore tomorrow.  Deep tissue is not a relaxing day at the spa…but it’s helpful to assist in recovery and getting the most out of your body.  The most painful part for me was my back and shoulders…mine are VERY tight.  I’ve also been having tightness in one of my hip flexors and a tiny bit of tightness in my Achilles (these are obviously running and biking ailments, not swimming related).  Post massage my “problem” areas feel much better and Jeff told me a few more hip-flexor stretches to do after running and biking.  Jeff also suggested icing the Achilles as he thinks after my marathon I may have a tiny bit of tendonitis in one foot.

So body’s in good shape today…recovery weeks are kind of a roller coaster for me emotionally though.  I was in SUCH a good mood this morning and most of the day but then a phone call home this evening flipped that all around and left me feeling like the black sheep of the family (which is an overdramatic summary of the conversation, but like I said…roller coaster).  So…I felt sorry for myself for about 5 minutes…then Dixie and I had a dance party in the living room and I’m better.  Pink’s “Raise your glass” at full volume…it solves problems seriously, try it out-that’s your homework!

Anyway…tomorrow is Friday and despite the fact that I am going to be sore when I wake up….the lure of the totally empty pool of Friday mornings all to myself will hopefully be enough to get me out of bed in the am….but if that doesn’t work…I got waffle mix to make for a “reward” breakfast if I get myself up and to the pool.

Anyway…that’s all for me today!  Good night!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment